Sample Blind Tasting for freeRead sample chapters of Blind Tasting at Smashwords
Word of the DayLEGERDEMAIN (Noun, English) Skilled, dexterous use of the hands when performing magical tricks. Has also taken on a pejorative meaning of deceit or trickery. Note: Cited originally in English during the 16th century. From the French phrase 'léger de main' (light of hand).
- Horrible if true twitter.com/stevesgoddard/… 1 day ago
- RT @scienmag: 8 ton orca jumping 15ft out of the water - Credits: Cristopher Swann https://t.co/SvUL1QmGix 1 day ago
- RT @OraliaSotoRoman: Lake Como, Italy. https://t.co/XOGpZzX0M0 3 days ago
- Siri's speech-2-text ability is excellent, her semantics is way behind. Some answers seem like keyword match, nothing more. 5 days ago
- RT @itsTravelsVibe: Grand Canyon At Sunset, Arizona, USA https://t.co/wWZ7SHDQ8t 1 week ago
- Baby steps. twitter.com/positiveenerg/… 1 week ago
- RT @lumidek: Hillary Diane Andales wins the Breakthrough Junior Challenge dlvr.it/Q4VJzb https://t.co/InRjBQiLz7 1 week ago
- RT @adelynzhou: IBM'S #AI #technology look at hundreds of thousands or millions of chemical reactions and had it learn the basic structure… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
When seeking advice on the craft of writing a story, whether screenplay, novel or other form, most experts will tell you that you must write the back story of your characters. These back stories are pages of descriptive narrative, detailing … Continue reading
Somewhere you’ve probably read or heard the colloquial version of expect, as when cowpokes say ‘I ‘spect it’s goin’ to rain’. I’ve been hearing and reading (tweets on Twitter) other examples of this phonological reduction: I ate so much chocolate … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why we say Californian and Bostonian, but then say New Yorker, Londoner and Midwesterner? A friend recently used the term Kendallites to refer to habitues of Kendall Square, Cambridge MA. I understood perfectly what he meant … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal reported today on the findings of a 2008 linguistic expedition to Arunachal Pradesh, the most northeastern state of India. In a mountainous region already populated with a plethora of other spoken tongues, researches claim to have linguistic … Continue reading
BLARSMEB SHOOTLEST YESVUR LUCERALL AFECIDE Correction: Fifth jumble should be: IFECIDE Solutions posted tomorrow on Answers page.