Sample Blind Tasting for freeRead sample chapters of Blind Tasting at Smashwords
Word of the DayLEGERDEMAIN (Noun, English) Skilled, dexterous use of the hands when performing magical tricks. Has also taken on a pejorative meaning of deceit or trickery. Note: Cited originally in English during the 16th century. From the French phrase 'léger de main' (light of hand).
- This is ghastly. twitter.com/biologistdan/s… 1 day ago
- WOW twitter.com/lumidek/status… 2 days ago
- RT @Mario_Livio: Announcement of the merging neutron stars event, by LIGO, with electromagnetic follow-up on MONDAY, 10AM EDT : https://t.c… 4 days ago
- RT @scienmag: And this is how the robot apocalypse started https://t.co/hdlflIgPDM 5 days ago
- admin/admin guest/guest -- says it all. Attacker 'Alf’ broke into Australian defense contractor’s computers wsj.com/articles/cyber… via @WSJ 6 days ago
- RT @gnxp_posts: The Loneliest Neanderthal dlvr.it/PsjMXx https://t.co/n4gA80VbVn 1 week ago
- Diving, I have observed these beautiful beings who exhibit curiosity & problem solving skills. I can no longer eat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Fascinating twitter.com/jasonsentell/s… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
When seeking advice on the craft of writing a story, whether screenplay, novel or other form, most experts will tell you that you must write the back story of your characters. These back stories are pages of descriptive narrative, detailing … Continue reading
Somewhere you’ve probably read or heard the colloquial version of expect, as when cowpokes say ‘I ‘spect it’s goin’ to rain’. I’ve been hearing and reading (tweets on Twitter) other examples of this phonological reduction: I ate so much chocolate … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why we say Californian and Bostonian, but then say New Yorker, Londoner and Midwesterner? A friend recently used the term Kendallites to refer to habitues of Kendall Square, Cambridge MA. I understood perfectly what he meant … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal reported today on the findings of a 2008 linguistic expedition to Arunachal Pradesh, the most northeastern state of India. In a mountainous region already populated with a plethora of other spoken tongues, researches claim to have linguistic … Continue reading
BLARSMEB SHOOTLEST YESVUR LUCERALL AFECIDE Correction: Fifth jumble should be: IFECIDE Solutions posted tomorrow on Answers page.