Sample Blind Tasting for freeRead sample chapters of Blind Tasting at Smashwords
Word of the DayLEGERDEMAIN (Noun, English) Skilled, dexterous use of the hands when performing magical tricks. Has also taken on a pejorative meaning of deceit or trickery. Note: Cited originally in English during the 16th century. From the French phrase 'léger de main' (light of hand).
- This is ghastly. twitter.com/biologistdan/s… 1 day ago
- WOW twitter.com/lumidek/status… 2 days ago
- RT @Mario_Livio: Announcement of the merging neutron stars event, by LIGO, with electromagnetic follow-up on MONDAY, 10AM EDT : https://t.c… 4 days ago
- RT @scienmag: And this is how the robot apocalypse started https://t.co/hdlflIgPDM 5 days ago
- admin/admin guest/guest -- says it all. Attacker 'Alf’ broke into Australian defense contractor’s computers wsj.com/articles/cyber… via @WSJ 6 days ago
- RT @gnxp_posts: The Loneliest Neanderthal dlvr.it/PsjMXx https://t.co/n4gA80VbVn 1 week ago
- Diving, I have observed these beautiful beings who exhibit curiosity & problem solving skills. I can no longer eat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Fascinating twitter.com/jasonsentell/s… 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Someone mentioned hearing an interview on the radio in which a native Spanish speaker (who was speaking English in the interview) used the word conspiration when referring to conspiracy. Interesting. There is no word in any English dictionary for the … Continue reading
TRENTOR ROPEDAL LOTWE RABYVER KOICASEPODLE Answers published tomorrow. Enjoy.
What is linguistic intuition? As native speakers of languages we all possess it, but what is it? For linguists, it’s a powerful methodology to explore the limits of grammatical structure allowed in a language, to articulate the rules that determine … Continue reading
The word ‘up’ in English has many uses and functions: it occurs as an adverb (we need to liven up our presentation), a preposition (the mouse crawled up the drainpipe), an adjective (the mood was definitely up at the meeting), … Continue reading